- Ukrainian orphans “graduate” from the orphanage system at the age of 16 (This means that our sweet Albina will be graduating soon, so we are anxious to get her to the US and with our family as soon as possible!)
- Many orphans, after they graduate, will become homeless and alone. They will lack the education necessary to provide for themselves.
- 10% of orphans will commit suicide by their 18th birthday.
- 60% of the girls will end up in prostitution.
- 70% of the boys will enter a life of crime.
- Only 20% of orphans will find work.
- Orphans are the kids that human traffickers target and exploit.
- Typically, after the age of 5, a Ukraine orphan only has a 20% chance of being adopted (So our amazing kids have a very small chance of being adopted if we are unable to bring them into our home.)
|Some of the orphans at the orphanage in Mariupol, Ukraine.|
We realize that adoption of three children is not going to make dent in the problems facing orphans in Ukraine but it will make a difference in the life of these three kids. Each of us can make a difference to these children. Whether it is adopting or contributing in some small way to the adoption adventure of another family (with money, time, or through your love and support).