Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Kindness Begins With Me

We have received so much kindness throughout this process.  And it just keeps coming.

clothing, money, notes, hugs, gifts, time, shoes, hard work, prayers, phone calls, etc.

And now there are people that will be watching and helping with our children and our dog while we are in Ukraine.  There are people taking care of our mail and our home.  There are individuals that are on call for any emergencies that may creep up.  It's absolutely amazing!  We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives!


I received a darling note and boondoggle key chain from a neighbor girl the other day.  She wants me to take it to Ukraine and give it to Alina.  It truly made me so happy that Alina has someone who is excited to be her friend and anxious to welcome her into our neighborhood.

Dear Alina, Hi!  I am so excited to be your neighbor!  I am also so excited to get to know you and become friends!  Do you know what a boondoggle is?  It is a key chain, and that is what I made for you.  I hope you like it.  I hope that you like Utah, and that you get here safely!  See you soon!

A number of youth in our neighborhood got together and created a short video for me to take to Ukraine to show Albina.  They want to let her know that they are excited to see her again and/or meet her (if they weren't able to meet her this summer).

Like any parent, I worry about my kids.
I worry about Albina, Alina and Maks feeling welcome.
I want them to make friends and feel loved and accepted.
I pray that they will be able to quickly adjust to their new life!
As a result, these kind gestures have helped to ease some of my worry.

I love kindness.  
It really makes such a huge difference!



___________________________________________________________________

We leave for Ukraine in less than 2 days!  We still have $13,680.92 left to raise.  Thanks to a generous donor that took care of our initial fees so we don't have to worry about them once we arrive home!  However, we still need funds to cover our Ukraine expenses.  We've been so richly blessed throughout this journey!  Can you spare just a little to help us get Albina, Alina and Maks home?  Any donation amount will help get us closer to our goals. 
Thank you SO much!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment