Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lists

Sometimes I feel like this:

 Like lately.

I have lists on my nightstand (for when I wake in the middle of the night in a panic.)

I have packing lists for me.

I have packing lists for each of the kids.

I have lists of things to do before I leave.

I have lists of things to clean.  

I have lists of food to eat (so our fridge can be cleaned out).

I have lists of things to make lists of.

I have been feeling fairly calm. 
Until yesterday.

I didn't realize anything had changed.
Until my daughter walked into the kitchen and started bouncing a rubber ball over and over again on the tile floor.
And I snapped.

James looked at me, smiled and said, "Are you okay?  Starting to get a little stressed?"
I said, "I didn't think so... but apparently I'm feeling a little stressed."

Thankfully he knew to give me a hug instead of making me feel guilty for a bad mom moment.

I feel like there is so much to prepare.
Still so much fundraising to do.
Limited time to spend with Toria, Emma, Isabel and Micah before being away from them for a LONG time.
So... I suppose there may be a little stress building up inside of me.

We leave for Ukraine in 1 WEEK from tomorrow.
That is not very long.
I am so anxious that I can hardly stand it.
I am so excited to see our kids again.
And so scared and nervous about all the unknowns.

1 WEEK.
Still $19,384.92 left to raise.
So, I'm begging you to look for spare change.
See if you have anything more you can offer us.
This is my last effort to beg and plead for help.

So many of you have been so generous.
We are so grateful.
And so amazed that we've been able to raise so much money in such a short time.
Yet, as grateful as we are, we still aren't quite there.
And our trip is just around the corner.

Albina, Alina and Maks are waiting for us.
They are anxious for us to come to Ukraine to adopt them.
Is there any way you can spare a few more dollars to help them?

No comments:

Post a Comment