Friday, October 5, 2012

54 Days Without My Kids

This summer we met a family that had hosted an orphan from Ukraine the previous summer (2011).  They had decided she was meant to be a part of their family and set out to adopt her.  When we met them this summer, they were still in the midst of fundraising so they could submit their final paperwork and get a court date set.  They finally got their court date yesterday and they will be heading to Ukraine in just over a week.

I am so thrilled for them that I can't stand it!

I can hardly imagine how painfully difficult it has been for them to wait all this while to see their sweet daughter again.  They haven't seen her for over a year because they have been working tirelessly to raise the money necessary to go get her and bring her home.

My oldest daughter, Toria, has moved away from home and is currently attending college.  Originally she planned to go to school in Liverpool, England.  I was so excited for her to have such an opportunity, but wasn't sure how I would cope with having her so far away.

However, plans changed and now she is living less than an hour from our home.  She easily calls or texts me with updates or questions.  And I'm able to see her about once a week.  Every other week at the most.

This is not the case with Albina, Alina and Maks.
I cannot visit them.
I cannot text them.
I cannot call them.  (Or at least not easily!)

Occasionally we get messages from Albina through Ukrainian Facebook.

It's not enough to feel connected though.
It's simply not enough.

I live with a constant ache for my kids to come home.
I miss them.

Last night the ache was especially strong.  I could hardly breathe I missed them so badly.  I hoped that a good night sleep would help me feel better, but still, this morning I just wanted to jump on a plane and get to Ukraine!

I know it's selfish and that I don't deserve to have my kids more than anyone else,
But I really hope we aren't still in the midst of fundraising in a year from now.

I just need a miracle to help bring my kids home!

Each of us has a choice when we see someone in need.  We can look the other way, or we can determine what we have to offer (big or small) that can help.

Is there anything you can offer Albina, Alina & Maks?  Is there any way you can contribute to the miracle needed to bring them home?

_________________________________________________________________
"On the street I saw a little girl cold and shivering in a thin dress, with little hope of a decent meal.  I became angry and said to God,  "Why did You permit this?  Why don't You do something about it?"  God replied, "I certainly did do something about it ..."


"I MADE YOU!!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment