Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Gift From Alina: "I BIG LOVE YOU!"

I know you're all busy gathering your FIVE MEASLY DOLLARS for the 5th Day of Christmas, but I really wanted to share a gift that we received from Alina and Maks.

Last night we were able to go and visit some friends that just returned from Ukraine.  They were able to bring back a notebook from Alina (her diary that has special notes written in it for each of us as well as some journal entries).  She wanted this special book to be shared with us.  It is such a wonderful blessing to receive such a gift!

We also were able to receive pictures and video from them.  Another wonderful gift.

We haven't been able to be in close contact with Alina or Maks.  They aren't able to get onto the internet and write to us like Albina, so these notes really mean a lot!

Many of you have donated to our cause.  We are so grateful!  I want to share some of the things Alina shared with us so you can understand how important your gift to HER is.  Because really, your donations aren't for the Truax family.  They are specifically to help bless Albina, Alina and Maks with a forever family.  It won't buy them clothing or ipods or phones or toys.  It will simply provide a way for them to be adopted and travel home to their forever family (Lucky US!).

And that is the greatest gift of all!

You'll see what I mean...

This video contains a message from Alina and Maks to our family.  Fortunately our friend was kind enough to translate throughout the course of this short video.



This flower was made by Maks and has the words "My Family" written on it.


This is the front of Alina's book/diary that she wanted us to have.  It is filled with beautiful messages to each of us.

Each of us got a special message from Alina.  She also drew pictures of each of us with her.
All of the messages were beautiful.  But of course, the message to me was my favorite:

Dear Mom!  I big love you! I miss you SO much!  I miss hearing you laugh and getting hugs from you!  I love you and miss you.  I have been saying lots of prayers for you!  I want you to be safe and happy.  I love and miss you SO much and can't wait to see you again!  Love Alina

The messages to the other kids were similar and included things such as:

Dear Isabel!  I miss you so much!  I big! big! big! Love you.  Doy you like school?  Are you taking Russian?  I'm trying to learn a little Englihs but it is very difficult.  Ang I love you so, so, so, so, so, so, so much!  I love you!  Love your sister Alina

Alina included a family tree with all our names cut out into the shape of hearts and pasted to a tree.

She wrote lots of entries and included pictures of our family and airplanes and American flags.


 
A picture of one of her journal entries about our family.

October 15, 2012: In the morning I have not that good attitude.  I cannot wait anymore when will come my American family.  I don't know what I can do but I miss them so much.  I love them so, so much.  I wait, I hope they will come soon.  Every night I ask the monkey that sister give to me from America that she send them good morning and good night to my American family.  I kiss her.  I very, very much love my American family.  (Isabel gave Alina a stuffed monkey when she was here this summer)

October 16, 2012:  Hi my notebook.  I don't have a happy mood.  I cannot forget about my American family because I miss them so much.  I love them that much that I cannot even say in words.  I really want to be there.  I want that it will come true soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment