Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 10: Boo To Hair

On the tenth day of Christmas, our orphans need from you:

10 BUCKS FROM YOUR WALLET


Yesterday 61 people read our blog post about emailing 9 people and personally asking each to donate $10.  According to my calculations, this means that 541 people would have found out about our cause and we could have gotten up to $5490.00 in donations.

That would have been AWESOME!!!

So far, we have had a new donor support us with a donation. We are extremely grateful to this amazing donor and to all of you that emailed your friends and family. If you haven't had a chance to email 9 people asking them personally to donate, please take the time today to do so....

This 12 Days of Christmas isn't going quite as I'd hoped... but I'm not giving up.  Mostly because I simply can't.  I have to keep asking, working, blogging, begging, and pleading for help with our adoption costs.  It's just the way it is.

I don't like it.  But it's an absolute necessity at this point.

We only have 3 more days in the 12 days of Christmas fundraiser, and it looks as if James will keep his head of hair.

BOO!  
(Although Emma will be happy to avoid having a bald father).  ;-)

So, the idea behind yesterday's request was that if everyone contacted 9 people and asked them for $10 each, it would spread out the amount we still have to raise among a large number of people so each only has to donate a manageable $10. Each person would help us in our fundraising by reaching out to people that haven't had the chance to hear our story or to donate to our cause.  Then today, everyone that hasn't had the chance to donate or that can spare a little more, would add their own personal $10.

By spreading the word around and breaking the goal into small bite-sized chunks (just $10), we could make a huge dent in the amount needed and have a hugely successful fundraiser. If everyone that had read the blog yesterday and their friends and family participated, we could see more than $6100! A very successful fundraiser indeed.

You see, I simply cannot do this fundraising alone.  I have already approached (and approached and approached) all my contacts.  Many of our friends and families have already given (and in some cases they've given and given and given and given...).  And the people I know that haven't contributed simply don't have the means or haven't yet caught the vision of what we are trying to accomplish.  If you haven't yet been inspired by our quest, please reconsider! Read Facts About Ukrainian Orphanages or the Meet Albina, Alina & Maksym pages of our blog - try to find a place in your heart to help these precious kids.

I'm still trying to come up with fundraising event ideas.  But I don't know what my time table is for when we head to Ukraine (hopefully I'll know on Tuesday).  In addition, I am afraid I may have tapped out most of my personal contacts.

We have hit a wall!

And we still have $30,000 more to raise.

As overwhelming as that might be, I hope that my contacts as well as the people following this blog will reach out to their personal contacts and encourage and share and beg and plead on our behalf.  Because at this point, that is our best hope.

Please understand that I haven't wanted this blog to ever become a place to make people feel guilty.  I really don't desire to guilt people into supporting us.  But we DO NEED HELP!

Albina, Alina and Maks are waiting for us.  They are anxious for us to arrive in Ukraine and bring them home.  And I need to do everything possible to bring them home.

I wish it wasn't about money, but unfortunately, a large part of it is.  And as much as I hate that fact, I have to figure out a way to get the money to bring them home.  I have to figure out a way to get to Ukraine so they don't feel abandoned.  I have to figure out a way to make sure they know that no sacrifice is too big when it comes to saving a child.

That's just the way it is.

Please consider taking part in today's gift to our orphans. 




2 comments:

  1. Shelly, my heart goes out to you! We're in exactly the same position you are and have the same feelings. I pray that you are able to find your angels who will help you raise the funds you need to bring your three precious children home. I know that God cares for each one of these children. Please, readers of the Truax family's blog, help her rescue these three orphans from what would eventually be a very hard life in Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arin! Thank you! You are an angel yourself, and I wish YOU and your family many blessings and miracles on your journey as well. It's only 2 days until 12/12/12... so hopefully your fundraiser will be a huge success! Love to you!

      Delete