Sunday, September 9, 2012

Puff the Little Fire Dragon


Our family loves Roller Coasters.  We were thrilled last year when Micah was finally tall enough to ride every single roller coaster at the amusement park we visited.  We love the steep uphill ride full of anticipation, we love the speed that has the wind blowing through your hair, we love plummeting downhill and feeling our stomachs sink, and we love the adrenaline rush.  Most of us scream throughout the entire roller coaster.  Toria laughs hysterically (it’s really quite entertaining to sit next to her on a roller coaster ride)!

When we started this journey, I anticipated an emotional roller coaster.  And here I am… a roller coaster quite different than Space Mountain!

I never know when I’m about to break out in tears (like the other day when I was stirring something on the stove and started sobbing uncontrollably).  Then there are the times that I feel incredible confidence that all will work out and we will get plenty of donations and have our kids here in no time.

I’ve decided that for now, I’m not particularly fond of roller coasters.

So, perhaps you’re wondering how today went for our family? 

We had a number of people join us in our fast.  We feel grateful that people care enough to skip two meals and join their faith with ours.  We received a few donations and we are extremely grateful.  Thank you!  Each donation helps us get closer to our goal and is such a huge blessing!

I will admit that I was a bit discouraged that we didn’t get more donations, but I’m not going to let it get me overly down.

Today’s roller coaster review:  If you’ve been to Lagoon in Utah, you may have ridden “Puff the Little Fire Dragon”.  It’s a roller coaster in Kiddieland, and it’s not too bad.  Plus, it’s suitable for all ages and heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment