Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Romney Wins!

Over the past weeks (and even months), there have been a lot of posts about politics and the presidential election that took place yesterday.  I've seen a lot of people commenting that they are grateful the election is finally over so they won't have to read all the political rants.  But I'm pretty sure that the aftermath from the election will still create an influx of political commentary for a while. 

I live in an area that is largely Republican.  As you can imagine, there are many disappointed people.  I understand that when you are passionate about something (and have been for quite some time), a defeat such as took place yesterday can feel hugely discouraging. 

However, if you're anything like me, you simply want to move forward with life. 

I mean, it doesn't do any good to continually look into the past or try to convince others that they should have or could have done something differently. 

It doesn't change anything at this point. 

I have moved forward.

I watched the news last night for quite some time, waiting for results. 

As soon as everything was announced, I made an announcement of my own.

"I'm going on a run.  Who wants to join me?"  

And Isabel and I headed out for a 4 mile run together. 
We didn't talk about the outcome of the election at all.

This morning I woke up and noticed all the hubbub on Facebook and thought about what I could do.

Answer:  NOTHING (at least with the election that is now over and done).
Answer #2:  Make a difference in some way, any way, that I can in the world.  

Like by adopting 3 kids from Ukraine.

That's my main contribution to making the world a better place for now.

And you can make a contribution too. 
You can make a difference.
(And you don't even need to take on three more kids! 
And that's good or bad depending on how you look at it...)

So, while you can't change any election results,
You can certainly make a difference in the lives of Albina, Alina and Maks.
It's easy to donate and change the lives of these three kids.
And if many people do a little something, it will make a huge difference!

Announcing today's (and tomorrow's) fundraiser.
The highlighted area for Obama winning the election is NOW revealed:

DONATE $15

And lastly:  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY RUNNING FRIEND!  HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A FABULOUS DAY!  LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment